Doing a craft together with your youngsters round a vacation, like St. Patrick’s Day, helps to make their day additional particular. Not solely do crafts present a enjoyable mission and fairly consequence, additionally they provide the alternative to show your youngsters in regards to the day’s historical past whereas sparking their creativity. When making this salt dough shamrock craft, your youngsters will study measuring, cooking and achieve some shallowness from their newfound skills. This shamrock necklace is the right manner on your youngsters to put on inexperienced on St. Patrick’s Day, particularly if they’ve a faculty uniform that doesn’t incorporate inexperienced! Children can share the additional necklaces from this St Patrick’s day necklace craft with their pals.
DIY Shamrock Necklaces Tutorial
You simply want a couple of easy craft provides to make a St Patricks day shamrock necklace.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 3/4 cup of water
- 20 inexperienced food-coloring drops
- Rolling pin
- Skewer or straw (to poke holes within the salt dough shamrocks)
- Shamrock cookie cutter or small coronary heart formed cookie cutter
- Yarn (gold, inexperienced, or rainbow are all nice St. Patrick’s Day colours)
How To Make St Patrick’s Day Necklaces Craft:
Right here is step-by-step instructions for the best way to make this salt dough Shamrock Necklace St. Patrick’s Day Craft.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Have your youngsters assist you to make the salt dough combination by combining the flour and salt. Subsequent, add the meals coloring to the water and stir. Pour the liquid into the dry substances and stir. When it begins to thicken up, allow them to use their fingers to work it right into a dough ball.
- As soon as the dough ball is shaped, sprinkle some flour onto a flat, dry floor resembling a parchment lined countertop or giant slicing board. Let your children use a rolling pin to roll the dough out till it’s about ¼ -inch thick.
- Use the shamrock cookie cutter to press out a number of inexperienced clover necklace pendants. If you happen to don’t have a clover formed cutter, right here is the best way to make a shamrock.Use a small coronary heart formed cookie cutter after which press the hearts collectively to kind clovers. You are able to do 4 hearts for a four-leaf clover or three hearts and a stem for a extra conventional shamrock. After getting your entire shamrocks prepared, use a skewer or straw to make a gap on the prime heart of every shamrock.
- Switch the salt dough shamrocks to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 45 minutes (oven ought to already be preheated to 300 levels). Rigorously flip the shamrocks over to the opposite facet and place them again within the oven for one more 15-Half-hour till hardened.
- Take away the salt dough shamrocks from the oven and permit them to chill.
- Use yarn to string every of the shamrock pendants, tying a double-knot tightly the place the 2 strings meet.
Your shamrock necklace craft is completed. Please learn the security notes under.
Necklace Security Ideas
Please observe whereas it is a nice preschool shamrock craft, younger youngsters ought to stay underneath supervision once they put on the shamrock necklaces . Keep in mind that necklaces are a strangulation hazard if given to youngsters which are too younger and that youngsters ought to by no means sleep in necklaces. Please see these necklace security ideas from Arnold Palmer Hospital. If you happen to want to make them into necklaces for toddlers, it would be best to break-away necklace connectors (right here is my affiliate Amazon hyperlink for that).
There you’ve got it! Your inexperienced shamrock necklace is prepared on your children to put on. It additionally makes a enjoyable, “fortunate” souvenir after St. Patrick’s Day is over. I hope you loved this shamrock craft.
St. Patrick’s Day is a good time to speak to your little one in regards to the two meanings of “inexperienced!” What are your favourite St. Patrick’s Day crafts and traditions?
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Decor- Fairly Paper Straw Vase
17 Naturally Inexperienced Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day